Clemson carries a nine-game winning streak into today’s 7 p.m. game, the ninth-longest current streak in the nation. It is the Tigers’ longest streak since the 2008-09 team won its first 16 games.
Clemson is also in search of its first win over North Carolina since 2010, when Trevor Booker and Demontez Stitt combined for 41 points to lead the Tigers to an 83-64 victory.
CLEMSON (11-2, 1-0 ACC) vs. NORTH CAROLINA (12-3, 0-1 ACC)
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN2 (Tom Hart-pbp; Doris Burke-color)
- Clemson opened ACC play with a 73-68 win at Wake Forest; the Tigers ended the game on a 15-0 run to clinch an undefeated December (7-0).
G Shelton Mitchell
G Avry Holmes
F Donte Grantham
F Jaron Blossomgame
C Sidy Djitte
G Joel Berry
G Kenny Williams
F Justin Jackson
F Isaiah Hicks
C Kennedy Meeks
CU Series W-L record: North Carolina leads 130-20
Streak: North Carolina has won the last eight meetings
- Clemson overcame its 10th deficit of at least double digits in a win under Brad Brownell to open ACC play. It was Clemson’s largest deficit overcome (13) since the Tigers beat NC State at home in 2010-11 after trailing by 19.
- Brownell needs one win to match his predecessor, Oliver Purnell, with 54 wins over ACC teams. Cliff Ellis holds the Clemson coaching mark with 59.
- Marcquise Reed scored 21 points in his first ACC game as a Tiger, most by any Clemson player in his first conference tilt since Chey Christie produced the same output against Duke in 2001-02.
- Donte Grantham produced his first career double-double at Wake Forest with 11 points and 10 rebounds. He was instrumental in the win over the Deacons with a three-point play that gave the Tigers their first lead.
- Jaron Blossomgame has scored double figures in all but one game for the Tigers this season, and in 67 career games overall.
- Avry Holmes has hit at least one three-point shot in nine straight games, his longest streak since the first 10 games of the 2015-16 season.