By Staff Report.
Clemson returns to Littlejohn Friday night to battle Savannah State as they look to end a three game losing streak.
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Friday, Dec. 17, 2010
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 7:00 PM
Web: ClemsonTigers.com (TigerCast)
(Roy Philpott – play-by-play, Alex Welp – color)
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties
(Pete Yanity – play-by-play, Tim Bourret – color)
Overall: Clemson leads 1-0
at Clemson: Clemson leads 1-0
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 1-0
at Savannah State: None played
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: Clemson, 81-49, in 2008-09
Last Meeting: Clemson, 81-49, in 2008-09
Streak: Clemson won the only previous meeting between the two teams
• Clemson and Savannah State will meet for the second time in series history Friday. Clemson won the first meeting by a score of 81-49 on Nov. 25, 2008 behind 17 points from current Washington Wizards forward Trevor Booker. Seven of the 11 players on Clemson’s current roster played in that game.
• The university will celebrate Faculty & Staff Appreciation Day on Friday. All Clemson faculty and staff will receive free admission to the game by showing their university ID cards at the coliseum box office.
• The Tigers will be down another player on Friday, leaving Clemson with just eight active scholarship players (including just three guards) on its roster. Demontez Stitt, Clemson’s leading scorer, is expected to miss up to two weeks after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery on Monday, Dec. 13.
• Stitt had surgery on the same knee (left) when he was a freshman in 2007-08 and missed two games during the middle of the ACC regular season race.
• Clemson’s lineup has not been finalized for Friday’s game due to Stitt’s absence.
• Stitt has scored double figures in eight consecutive games, the longest streak of his career, including 18 in the game at Florida State on Sunday, Dec. 12.
• Andre Young is one of 11 players in Clemson history with 100 three-pointers, assists and steals in a career. He had two steals to give him an even 100 in the game at Florida State and is now seventh in the ACC, averaging 1.7 per game.
• Jerai Grant has averaged 11.8 points and 7.8 rebounds per game over Clemson’s last four contests. He has made 17 of 21 free throws during that span, an 81 percent success rate.
• Tanner Smith and Devin Booker rebounded from recent shooting struggles with solid efforts in the game at Tallahassee. Smith was 0-for-11 from three-point range in his three previous games, but hit 2-of-5 in the game against Florida State and posted 13 points, his high since scoring 17 against Long Beach State on Nov. 19. Booker came off the bench to post 12 points on 4-of-6 shooting, with seven rebounds. He had scored just six points on 2-of-13 field goals over his previous three games combined entering the ACC opener with the Seminoles.