By Staff Report.
Clemson looks for their second ACC win of the season Wednesday night when they play Georgia Tech. The Tigers are looking for their eighth win in a row and their second ACC victory in a row.
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 7:05 PM
TV: Fox Sports South
(Tom Werme-play-by-play, Larry Conley-color)
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties
(Pete Yanity – play-by-play, Tim Bourret – color)
Overall: Georgia Tech leads 60-57
at Clemson: Clemson leads 39-15
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 30-8
at Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech leads 42-18
at Neutral: Georgia Tech leads 3-0
First Meeting: Clemson 26-22 in Atlanta in 1912-13
Last Meeting: Clemson 91, Georgia Tech 80, 2009-10
Streak: Clemson has won one in a row and 7-11
• Clemson has won five consecutive games against Georgia Tech in Littlejohn coliseum.
• Senior Jerai Grant had 18 points and 11 rebounds in the win over Miami. That was Jerai’s third double-double in his last six games.
• Clemson is on a seven-game winning streak. The streak is the longest for the Tigers since they won 16 in a row to start the season in 2008-09.
• Jerai Grant has averaged 15.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, shot 72.7 percent from the field and had 4.5 blocks per game during the six-game winning streak.
• Grant has moved into first place on Clemson’s career field goal percentage list with a .611 figure. That includes a .630 figure so far this season.
• Grant now has 161 career blocks which puts him seventh in school history.
• Clemson has held each of its 16 opponents this season below 50 percent shooting. That is the longest streak for the Tigers since 2007-08.
• Demontez Stitt has scored in double-figures in 12 of his last 13 games. He has 17 in the win over Miami.
• Clemson is 9-1 at home so far this season and has shot 48.5 percent from the field. Clemson has allowed opponents to shoot just 37.9 percent from the field at home this season.