By Staff Report.
Clemson looks to remain undefeated at home in league play this season when the battle NC State Tuesday night in Littlejohn.
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 7:00 PM
TV: Fox Sports (Chip Carey, Mike Gminski)
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties
(Pete Yanity, Tim Bourret)
Overall: NC State leads 96-46
at Clemson: NC State leads 31-28
at Littlejohn: NC State Leads 21-17
at Raleigh: NC State Leads 45-13
at Neutral: NC State Leads 20-5
Last Meeting: NC State won 59-57 in ACC Tourney
Streak: Clemson won 5 of 6
• Demontez Stitt scored 20 points and had eight rebounds in the loss to Maryland. That is the first time a Tiger has scored more than 20 and had eight assists since 2001-02 when Edward Scott had 30 points and 16 assists.
• Stitt has a 40/8 assist/turnover ration since he returned from injury in December.
• Andre Young had a career high nine assist against Maryland with only one turnover.
• Andre Young has made at least one three-pointer in his last 20 games, including all 19 this year.
• Stitt (.414) and Young (.404) are both shooting greater than 40 percent from three this year.
• Clemson has won five of their last six games against NC State. The only loss came last year in the ACC tournament.
• Devin Booker had his first double-double as a Tiger when he had 11 points and 11 rebounds against Maryland in Saturday’s 79-77 loss.
• A win on Tuesday over NC State would assure the Tigers of a winning record in the month of January. That has happened only one other time since 1996-97 when the Tigers went went 5-2 in 2008-09.