By Trey McCurry.
With just two games left for ACC teams TheClemsonInsider.com takes a look at seeding projections. Here’s a quick look at how the ACC Tournament would be seeded as of Thursday, May 19.
NC State 9, Boston College 4
#8 Georgia Tech 11, Virginia Tech 4
#4 Florida State 8, #15 Clemson 6
#13 North Carolina 6, #1 Virginia 0
#15 Miami (FL) 4, Duke 1
Wake Forest 6, Maryland 2 (11 innings)
NC State @ Boston College 1:30PM
#8 Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech 5:30PM
#15 Clemson @ #4 Florida State 6:00PM
#1 Virginia @ #13 North Carolina 7:00PM
Duke @ #15 Miami (FL) 7:00PM
Wake Forest @ Maryland 7:00PM
#1 Virginia @ #13 North Carolina 1:00PM
#15 Clemson @ #4 Florida State 1:00PM
Duke @ #15 Miami (FL) 1:00PM
NC State @ Boston College 1:00PM
Wake Forest @ Maryland 1:00PM
#8 Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech 2:00PM
Seeding scenarios (assuming all games are played):
- Virginia needs one win or a Georgia Tech loss to clinch the Coastal Division and #1 seed in the ACC Tournament.
- With its win over Clemson Thursday, Florida State clinches the Atlantic Division and the #2 seed in the ACC Tournament.
- Georgia Tech needs a sweep of Virginia Tech and a North Carolina sweep of Virginia to win the Coastal Division (and the #1 seed); otherwise the Yellow Jackets will be the #3 seed in the ACC Tournament.
- Miami (FL) and North Carolina are locked into the #4 and #5 seeds for the ACC Tournament. The Tar Heels trail the Hurricanes by a half game and therefore would need to do one game better than Miami (FL) in the last two games to move into the #4 seed.
- Clemson is locked into either the #6 or #7 seed in the ACC Tournament. The Tigers need only a win or a NC State loss to clinch the #6 seed.
- NC State could be either the #6, #7, or #8 seed in the ACC Tournament. The Wolfpack would be the #6 seed with a sweep of Boston College and a Florida State sweep of Clemson. NC State will be the #7 seed unless they lose one more game than Wake Forest in the final two games, in which case the Wolfpack will be the #8 seed.
- Wake Forest will be either the #7 or #8 seed in the ACC Tournament. If the Demon Deacons can win one more game than NC State in the final two games, they will be the #7 seed. Otherwise, Wake Forest will be the #8 seed.
- Virginia Tech, Boston College, Duke, and Maryland have been eliminated from contention for the ACC Tournament.