Tuesday we had the opportunity to interview the entire coaching staff as Dabo held the annual media kickoff at Cross Creek Plantation. The questions for each coach ranged from questions about the depth chart, goals for fall camp to what they did over the summer.
TheClemsonInsider.com gives you the top ten things we heard on Tuesday from the Clemson coaching staff:
10. The 2012 offense will be even faster than last year’s offense who was No. 2 in the nation in offensive plays.
9. Coach Venables believes he has the pieces in place to have an improved defense this year.
8. Josh Watson is coming on strong at defensive tackle and is pushing for a starting position.
7. Brandon Ford will have everyone talking this fall.
6. Coach Caldwell expects this year’s offensive line to be more athletic than last years.
5. Tavares Barnes could move to defensive end to provide depth.
4. Concerns for depth at defensive end outweigh concerns at defensive tackle.
3. The staff would like to red-shirt Zac Brooks but will have him ready to play.
2. Tyler Shatley’s transition to offensive guard couldn’t have gone any better.
1. Sammy Watkins could play against Auburn.