NC State at Clemson
Clemson hosts NC State to open play in the Atlantic Coast Conference. The Tigers come into the ACC part of their schedule on a seven-game winning streak, including wins over Florida and South Carolina.
The Gators were ranked No. 22 in the country at the time when Clemson beat them in the Orange Bowl Classic in Sunrise, Fla.
CLEMSON (11-1) vs. NC STATE (10-3)
Date: Saturday, December 30
Tipoff: 4:05 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Terrence Oglesby-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Dan Bonner-color)
- Clemson is 52-101 all-time against NC State, including 32-33 overall in Clemson in program history.
- The Tigers have won the past two meetings with the Wolfpack – both coming during the 2016-17 season.
- Donte Grantham eclipsed 1,000 career points last time out, becoming the 39th player in Clemson history to achieve that feat.
- Tigers improved to 70-29 record in Nov./Dec. under Brownell.
- Elijah Thomas is one of just five players nationally to shoot at least 60 percent and average at least 11.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks.
NC STATE SCOUTING REPORT
- The Wolfpack enter the matchup with a 10-3 overall record, which includes losses to Northern Iowa, Tennessee and a home loss to UNCG.
- NC State is averaging 86.0 points per contest and shoot 48.3 percent from the floor, but just 33.9 percent from three.
- The Wolfpack boast four players averaging double-figures and are led by Allerik Freeman (15.5 ppg), while Torin Dorn (14.0), Lennard Freeman (12.1) and Omer Yurtseven (11.9) round out the leading scorers.
- Dorn leads the team with 7.6 rebounds per game, while the Wolfpack as a team outrebound its opponents on average of four boards per contest.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson is 52-101 overall against NC State
Streak: The Tigers have won two games in a row in the series.
- The Tigers received 55 votes in this week’s AP Top 25 poll (ranked 27th). They received 45 votes in USA Today coaches poll.
- Clemson’s RPI checks in at 20th nationally.
- Donte Grantham eclipsed 1,000 career points against Louisiana-Lafayette and became the 39th member of the 1,000-point club at Clemson.
- He is one just four players in the country to average at least 14.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 assist per game, while shooting at least 60.0 percent.
- Brad Brownell (135 victories at Clemson) is three wins shy of tying and four shy of passing Oliver Purnell for the third most wins at Clemson.
- With a win over NC State, coach Brownell would move into sole possession of the most wins over ACC teams in Clemson history (regular season and tournament).
- Elijah Thomas is one of only five players in the country currently averaging at least 11.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game, while shooting at least 60.0 percent.