The 11th-ranked Clemson Tigers get back in action today as they travel to Tallahassee to take on the Florida State Seminoles at the Tucker Center. The game tips off at 7 p.m.
Clemson comes in on a four-game winning streak, the longest in the ACC. During the four-game win streak, senior guard Gabe DeVoe has averaged 22.8 points per game. He has scored 24 or more points three times and has made 22-of-34 shots from three-point range.
DeVoe tied former Tiger Michael Tate as the only two players in Clemson history to make five or more triples in four consecutive games when he hit 7-of-11 threes in last Thursday’s win over Pitt.
The Tigers have had the last five days off to get prepared for FSU and the stretch run to the regular season.
CLEMSON (20-4, 9-3 ACC) vs. FLORIDA STATE (17-8, 6-7 ACC)
Tipoff: 7:05 p.m.
Arena: Tucker Center (12,100)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
- Clemson is 31-40 all-time against Florida State
- The Seminoles have won three in a row in the series dating back to 2015-16.
- The Tigers are 8-21 all-time in Tallahassee. The last time Clemson was ranked ahead of FSU in a matchup was in 2008-09.
- Gabe DeVoe has now made at least five threes in four-straight games – just the second player in Clemson history to accomplish that feat – joining Michael Tait (1987).
- The Tigers are 25-20 (.556) all-time on Valentine’s Day.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson is 31-40 all-time against Florida State.
Streak: The Tigers have dropped three in a row in the series.
- Clemson enters the Florida State game with a 9-3 conference record. A victory in Tallahassee would tie the program record for ACC wins in a season. Clemson has had 10 ACC wins five times previously with the last two times coming under Brad Brownell. The Tigers were 10-8 in 2013-14 and 2015-16.
- The Clemson record for wins in any conference is 11. Clemson was 11-4 in the Southern Conference under head coach Banks McFadden in 1951-52.
- Clemson is ranked for the seventh consecutive week in the AP Top 25 poll (No. 11). Clemson is also ranked in the USA Today Coaches Poll at No. 12. The highest marks since Feb. 23, 2009.
- Clemson’s RPI checks in at fourth nationally, while their SOS sits 21st.
- Gabe DeVoe topped his career-best with seven made 3-pointers in a 25-point performance against Pittsburgh (Feb. 8).
- DeVoe became just the second player in Clemson history to achieve four consecutive games with at least five made threes in each contest. He tied Michael Tait (1986-87).
- Clemson has now won four games in a row and achieved the program’s 14th 20-win season with a blowout victory over Pittsburgh.
- Out of those 14 seasons, three have now come under the direction of head coach Brad Brownell.
- In the latest KenPom rankings, the Tigers are ranked Nos. 16, 13 and 31 in overall, adjusted defensive efficiency (94.6) and adjusted offensive efficiency (115.7).
SCOUTING THE SEMINOLES
- Florida State has lost two straight games, dropping games last week to Virginia and at Notre Dame.
- With the losses, the Seminoles fell to 10th place in the ACC standings.
- FSU is currently on the bubble to make the NCAA Tournament and some consider a No. 8 or No. 9 seed at the current moment.
- Terance Mann leads the Seminoles with 14.5 points per game.
- Mann scored just three points in the loss to Virginia and five in the loss to Notre Dame last week.