The Clemson Tigers look to snap a three-game losing streak as they travel to No. 18 North Carolina to play the Tar Heels in a three-game series this weekend in Chapel Hill, N.C.
• Best Ranking – CU – NR; UNC – No. 18 Baseball America
• When – Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (2 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where – Chapel Hill, N.C. (Boshamer Stadium)
• Watch – ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers – Dave Nathan, Kyle Straub
• Listen (Radio) – WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 102-92-1 (1901-2019)
• Record at North Carolina – North Carolina leads 46-37 (1951-17)
• Friday – RHP Davis Sharpe (CU) vs. RHP Austin Love (UNC)
• Saturday – RHP Ty Olenchuk (CU) vs. RHP Max Carlson (UNC)
• Sunday – TBA (CU) vs. RHP Max Alba (UNC)
• Clemson, who has an 0-1 road record, lost against USC Upstate 12-2 on Tuesday at home.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.2 runs per game and hitting .258 with a .365 on-base percentage, .418 slugging percentage and eight steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.11 ERA, .250 opponents’ batting average and 3.19 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .974.
NORTH CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• North Carolina, who has a 6-2 home record, is led by first-year Head Coach Scott Forbes.
• Liberty defeated the Tar Heels 8-7 on Tuesday. They are hitting .249 and have a 3.71 ERA and .982 fielding percentage.
• Justice Thompson is hitting .405 with four homers, eight RBIs and four steals, while Caleb Roberts has totaled four home runs and 13 RBIs.
• Ten of Clemson’s next 15 games are away from home.
• Clemson is 4-0 when outhitting its opponent and 1-5 when it gets outhit.
• Clemson has scored 30 of its 52 runs this year in the fifth and seventh innings (15 runs in each of those innings).
GILBERT LEADING BULLPEN
• Freshman lefthander Geoffrey Gilbert has pitched late in games for the Tigers since his first season in 2020.
• He is 0-1 with one save, an 0.87 ERA, a .243 opponents’ batting average and 16 strikeouts against one walk in 10.1 innings pitched in 2021.
• In two relief appearances in ACC games, he has pitched 5.0 scoreless innings of three-hit ball with three strikeouts against no walks.
• He is holding opponents to 1-for-17 (.059) with runners on base.
• In his career, he is 1-1 with a save, an 0.78 ERA and 30 strikeouts against eight walks in 23.0 innings pitched over 13 relief appearances.
—Courtesy of Clemson Athletic Communications
Make sure you dress to impress and wear the latest Clemson gear.
Please stay safe and get your officially licensed Clemson gear right here!