The Clemson Tigers host No. 16 South Carolina Tuesday night in a game that was postponed due to inclement weather.
This is a huge game for the Tigers, who are not only trying to avoid being swept by the Gamecocks, but are in desperate need of a victory after being swept by Georgia Tech over he weekend.
• Who – South Carolina (28-17) vs. Clemson (22-21)
• Best Ranking – USC – No. 16 Collegiate Baseball; CU – NR
• When – Tuesday (6 p.m.)
• Where – Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch – ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers – Ron Smith, Pete Yanity
• Listen (Radio) – WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Listen (Internet) – ClemsonTigers.com
• Live Stats – ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media – ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 181-143-2 (1899-2021)
• Record at Clemson – Clemson leads 100-46 (1907-2020)
• TBA (USC) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson, who has a 16-8 home record, was swept in three games at Georgia Tech by a combined score of 21-14 last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.8 runs per game and hitting .260 with a .425 slugging percentage, .366 on-base percentage and 31 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.59 ERA, .261 opponents’ batting average and 2.87 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .967.
SOUTH CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• South Carolina, who has a 7-10 road record, is led by fourth-year Head Coach Mark Kingston.
• The Gamecocks won one of three home games against Mississippi State. They are hitting .251 and have a 3.82 ERA and .975 fielding percentage.
• Brady Allen is hitting .282 with 11 homers and 34 RBIs, while Wes Clarke is batting .277 with 18 homers and 42 RBIs.
• South Carolina is Clemson’s most-common opponent, as the two have played 326 times dating to 1899.
• The two have met at least once every year since 1945, with the exception of 1984. Therefore, the two have met each of the last 37 years.
• The season matchups went to a three-game, weekend-series format in 2010 after the two teams played four midweek games for decades.
• Clemson leads the series 53-29 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium (opened in 1970).
• South Carolina won the two previous meetings this season, both by one run on walkoff hits by Andrew Eyster.
• The last time Clemson and South Carolina played a regular-season midweek game was Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at Greenville, S.C.
• In two games versus South Carolina earlier this year, James Parker (5-for-9), Dylan Brewer (3-for-7) and Alex Urban (3-for-9) led Clemson.
BOB BRADLEY AWARD TO BE PRESENTED
• Clemson’s MVP of the South Carolina series is presented the Bob Bradley Award. The Gamecocks’ MVP receives the Tom Price Award.
• The 2021 series marks the 21st year the awards are presented.
• The two late athletic communications directors served as baseball contacts for their respective schools for decades.
• Since Adam Hackenberg returned from injury that forced him to miss the first 13 games of 2021, the Tigers have used two catchers.
• Hackenberg and Jonathan French, who was the predominant starter at catcher early in the season, have split time behind the plate.
• French has started 22 games at catcher (11-11 record), while Hackenberg has started 19 games at catcher (11-8 record).
• Hackenberg is hitting .247 with a homer, seven doubles, 11 RBIs, 12 runs and a steal in 27 games (26 starts).
• French is hitting .262 with five homers, two doubles, 19 RBIs and 11 runs in 26 games (22 starts).
—courtesy of Clemson Athletic Communications
Get your Trevor Lawrence or Travis Etienne Jacksonville jersey from Fanatics right here!