Clemson looks to snap a two-game losing skid — both to ranked opponents — on Thursday in Atlanta as it travels to Georgia Tech for a key ACC basketball game. The Tigers are looking for their first win at Georgia Tech since 2014.
CLEMSON (11-4, 1-2 ACC) at GEORGIA TECH (9-6, 1-2 ACC)
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: McCamish Pavilion (8,600)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Bob Rathbun-pbp; Brian Oliver-color)
- The Tiger program owns 24 wins at Georgia Tech, more than any other ACC opponent’s home floor. Clemson won four straight in Brad Brownell’s first four seasons in Atlanta.
- This is the first meeting between the two coaches, Clemson’s Brad Brownell and Georgia Tech’s Josh Pastner.
G Shelton Mitchell
G Avry Holmes
F Donte Grantham
F Jaron Blossomgame
C Sidy Djitte
G Josh Heath
G Justin Moore
F Quinton Stephens
C Ben Lammers
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 68-62
Streak: Georgia Tech has won the last two meetings
- Clemson has made 107 more free throws than its opponents. The Tigers have outscored the opposition from the charity stripe in all but one game.
- Jaron Blossomgame became the seventh player in Clemson history with at least 1,400 points and 700 rebounds in a career at Notre Dame. He needs 12 points to pass Will Solomon for 13th on Clemson’s all-time scoring list.
- Blossomgame has scored 20 or more points in 13 of Clemson’s last 19 ACC regular season games, dating to the 2015-16 season.
- Gabe DeVoe is coming off a career-high four three-pointers, all in the first half of Clemson’s Jan. 7 game at Notre Dame.
- Elijah Thomas is shooting 68 percent for the season, converting 21 of his 31 field goal attempts. He also has 12 blocks in six appearances.
- Avry Holmes had 19 points, five rebounds and four assists (with no turnovers) the last time the Tigers faced Georgia Tech, in the 2016 ACC Tournament.
- Anthony Oliver II, a member of Clemson’s 2017 signing class, enrolled in January and began classes this week.