Without any offensive line commits currently on the list for Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class, the Tigers will most likely stack up on a decent amount in next year’s class. Clemson has a list of several high-profile recruits lined up with offers already and Buford (Ga.) offensive tackle Harry Miller looks like a promising candidate.
The 6-foot-4, 310-pound lineman received an offer from the Tigers back in June, and has continued to build a relationship with the coaching staff since then. Miller, the No. 10 tackle in the country for 2019, visited Death Valley this past Saturday to see Clemson take on Boston College.
“It was very nice to be back and it was great to talk with the coaches,” Miller said. “It was a great visit.”
Miller told The Clemson Insider he talked with coaches Tony Elliott, Robbie Caldwell and Dabo Swinney while on campus, and they “mainly talked about how special Clemson is and that I could become a part of a great program.”
The highlight of the visit was “being able to talk with all the coaches,” he said.
Miller still has other visits to take this fall, but said the visit helped clear up the picture about possible favorite schools.
“I think that it created a very good impression,” he said.
Miller will be taking a visit to Michigan soon, but does not have any other visits planned at this time. According to Miller, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, Virginia Tech and Alabama are showing the most interest in him right now.
While he does not have a favorite list right, he did say he likes Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State and Alabama, and said if he had to choose a school today, Clemson would be one of his top schools.
“I would say Clemson is in my top three,” he said.
Miller does not currently have a date or time set for his final decision, so the window is open for teams to take up interest in him. Right now, he is just focused on visits and finding “ just a sense of the program and culture” at each school.