The Underclass Experience at Clemson last Saturday was a rousing success with many of the recruits who were on hand.
One of the dozens of players in attendance was 2027 four-star offensive lineman Jacob Burns (Rabun Gap, GA).
“The visit went great,” Burns told The Clemson Insider. “I can’t wait to get back up there.”
The staff Dabo Swinney has put together at Clemson, particularly offensive line coach Matt Luke, really stood out to the blue-chip talent.
“He is great,” Burns said. “I had a great time talking to him, getting to know him and the staff. Great guy for sure.”
Burns, who also visited Boston College last month, was named a MaxPreps All-American after his sophomore season. The 6-foot-7, 295-pound recruit already has well over a dozen offers. Rutgers and Texas A&M both offered in March. Indiana and Virginia Tech did so in February, while Pitt offered in January.
Clemson won’t start handing out offers to players in the 2027 class until June and Burns is already eyeing a return visit to try and earn that offer from the Tigers.
“Hopefully for camp this summer,” Burns said. “Maybe in early June.”
Rivals ranks Burns No. 222 overall and No. 19 among all tackle prospects in the class.
Photo courtesy of Jacob Burns on X (formerly known as Twitter)